Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Work day 2

I forgot to mention a new term I heard on the way over. The flight attendants asked that everyone with "wheely-backs" be sure to stow them properly. I guess that is the British term for roller-boards or the rolling carry-on luggage.

Speaking of luggage. Still no sign of my lost suitcase. It has my shoes and tax papers for 2006. News Flash: according to British Airways online baggage tracking service my bag has been found and transferred to delivery service. Hopefully it will be at the hotel when I get back this evening!

There was an article in one of the many papers about the whole luggage snaffu at Heathrow. I guess it started on Saturday. British Airways is promising to have it cleared up by Friday.

And speaking of newspapers. There seem to be dozens of different ones. And nearly everyone is reading them on the tube and train.

It is actually a bit brighter today and quite balmy. Supposed to rain, possibly heavily, tonight.

I guess I may have to break down and buy an umbrella.

No comments: