Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow!!!!

It snowed last night. And enough to coat the trees, grass and even the sidewalks and streets a bit. I guess it is pretty rare these days for it to actually snow in London. There are palm trees in the courtyard of the hotel and they were covered in snow. It was great.

I switched hotels -- think I mentioned that. So it means I have a different "home" tube stop. I'm now at Swiss Cottage on the Jubilee Line. Turns out there is a Ye Olde Swiss Cottage restaurant/pub/bar/club at the station stop.

Went there for dinner tonight. Had a pork and apple cider caserole. It mentioned yorkshire pudding in the description but didn't seem at all pudding-like. It was kind of like a pot pie with the crust on the bottom instead of top. It was pretty good. I think it would make a Minnesotan happy.