Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Gay thing - well, almost

In case anyone was wondering I did actually go to the 'gay' area of London. I went to Compton Street in Soho. It is much 'gayer' than Minneapolis..to say the least.

I was there early, too, and some of it was wild. There area isn't only gay. There are straight strip bars and the off-West End legitimate theatres are in the area.

No, I didn't meet anyone. And to be honest I didn't go in any of the bars. It was before 10pm and everywhere was just incredibly packed. The streets were packed, the restaurants were packed, the bars were packed, the Underground was packed. This city attracts millions of people. And most everyone is young.

I've noticed this on the Underground and just about everywhere. There are young people everywhere. You don't need to remind me that I'm old but this place really makes me feel old.