Sunday, January 21, 2007

Tough Day

I wasn't able to book my hotel for another week and now I'm having to move to another hotel on Monday. I was really hoping to avoid that.

I a big chunk of Saturday trying to connect to the internet from the hotel. It just wouldn't work and I ended up lugging my computer to the IBM London South Bank office. I was able to book the Marriott Regent's Park (it doesn't appear to be very close to Regent's Park though) for Monday.

Now I have to pack all my stuff up and get ready to move. I really am not going to receive any help from the IBM staff here so need to take action by myself.

Enough of the pity party.

I walked along the Thames on the South Bank side. Saw the Tate Modern (from the outside) and walked across the Millennium Bridge. From the bridge I could see the Old Globe theatre.

The Millennium Bridge crosses over at St. Paul's Cathedral/Church?? It is undergoing a cleaning and is pretty much wrapped in plastic. I had my stupid computer bag which weighs a ton and contemplated just going back to the hotel. I decided to look for the Post Office that according to my guide was around Trafalgar Square. Plus I wanted to see Trafalgar Square without the Russian Festival stuff in the way.

It is quite spectacular. The fountains were on and it was dark by the time I got there. I walked around the whole thing. Never did find the post office.

There are millions of people here and most seem to be sightseeing. Everything is crowded. It is rather amazing.