Thursday, January 11, 2007

Long Days Work

So far by time here has been about getting to work in Welwyn Garden City. Then spending a long day at work. And then traversing my back to the hotel. The commute is taking about an hour each way with walking to/from stations, transferring from tube to train, etc.

Today was filled with meetings and had what I call a "Masterpiece Theatre" moment. In a room with about a dozen British, American, Indian and Irish men. Once the conversations starting rolling it was all about accents, odd phrasing and the un-known word. It seemed like I was watching a Masterpiece Theatre episode or perhaps "Eastenders."

I'm back at the hotel now and typing this on a British keyboard. There are keys in different places. All the alphabet are the same but there are special keys where I'm expecting the carriage return and other things like the British Sterling Pound symbol, £, is where the ampersand should be. I couldn't even find the ampersand and thought, @it has to be here. you need it for email addresses@ -- that's right. the @ is where the " should be.

I finally got a picture of the 9 3/4 platform at the rail station but I don't have anyway to upload it from this computer.

No comments: