Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Laundry versus Shopping

Since I'm still at the hotel and I've been here over a week, I used the hotel's laundry service. This is something I haven't done in the 2 1/2 years of travelling for IBM.

Well, it is quite expensive (don't even do the conversion for crying out loud) but your clothes are returned to you as if they were brand new. Packaging and all. Peter and Duane, you'll be glad to know that Zumo Acres t-shirt looks fabulous in a plastic wrapper all folded and pressed!

On the train back tonight with Christopher from IBM I told him about the laundry service. I had also bought some underwear at Marks & Spencer, from now on known as M&K, and we determined that buying a three-pack from M&S was cheaper than getting three pair of underwear laundred.

Maybe I should just stay at the hotel. I'll get a whole new wardrobe out of it.