Sunday, March 1, 2009

Where are the rabbit and squirrel tracks?

We had the big snow on Thursday. Backyard full of new wind blown snow.

There isn't a rabbit or squirrel foot print to be found. When Mom and Aunt Donna were here for my birthday trip, Mom thought there had been people in my backyard the rabbit and squirrel tracks were so deep and wide.

But here it is three days from new snow and not a single mark.

Here's why...perhaps...my friend Christine had dinner at Green Mill. My neighbor Roxie works at Green Mill. Roxie told Christine to tell me that there has been a big hawk on my fence post. Roxie saw the hawk get a pigeon...Roxie feeds the pigeons.

The hawk has either gotten the rabbits....there are two. I know there are two because I saw them both in the backyard last weekend before the snow. Or the hawk has scared away the rabbits and even the squirrels.

If only the hawk would stay around. I could may be have a real garden and apples on the apple tree.

No comments: