Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Dazed and Confused

I am so accustomed to taking the 8:40am flight and arriving in Dallas at 11:30ish that flying out last night confused and befuddled me.

The plane was more than half empty and we parked at a completely different terminal. Terminal D. It took a while to figure out how to get to the car rental bus.

The Hertz lot was pretty empty. I really didn't like the car they had chosen. A Mercury Marquis boat-sized thing. I asked for a different vehicle which took a while to find for some reason.

I realized since I was going directly to the hotel, I could take a different, read "shorter," route. That didn't work out of course. Partially thanks to the lack of highway signs, I got lost and ended up on some desolate part of the airport. DFW is huge by the way.

Thank goodness the car was equipped with Neverlost navigation. I punched in the hotel and finally got to where I was going.

It all just seemed so odd.

No comments: