Saturday, March 21, 2009

Maybe it isn't consumers but sellers

I stopped at Morries Ford to pick up discount coupons for the auto show. I was approached by a salesman right after I parked. I was fine with that. Told him I had three questions. He stared at me.

I asked if they had discount coupons for the autoshow. He said yes.

I asked when they would have the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. A friend was interested in getting one...which is the truth. He said he didn't know....end of sentence.

I asked when they would have the 2010 Escape Hybrid. I'm interested. He said he didn't know. I asked if it was the same as the 2009. He said yes.

He then took me into the showroom and handed me the coupons. He did mention that the 2010 Fusion Hybrid would be at the autoshow.

I guess I should be lucky he didn't start some song and dance on buying a new vehicle but don't ya think they should know when new model vehicles are coming??

My second shopping experience for the day was at Macy's. Macy's was having yet another "One Day Sale." Seems they have a one day sale every day!

I needed new dress shirts. I asked the sales man if I could try on one of their Club Room shirts as I had not worn that brand before and they are all manufactured differently. I asked if there were shirts that were already out of their packaging because I realize I difficult it is with all the needles and folds and wrapping and inserts.

He mumbled about there being hundreds he would have to go through in the back. Could he take my measurements. I said fine but that I was concerned about the shoulder width. He measured and said a 16 neck with 34/35 sleeve would work. I've tried 16's before and found them not wide enough. Would he see if there was one I could try on because I'm not buying one without trying it on first.

He mumbled again that he would try but that there were hundreds in the back he would have to go through. I almost left right then and there.

He...his name was Floyd...came back with a 161/2 34/35 'cause that was the first one he found. He handed it to me. I looked around for a fitting room. He finally pointed them out to me.

The shirt did fit. A 16 would have been to narrow as this 16 1/2 was borderline. There was a shirt on one of the shirt forms that I liked and even though it was with the Club Room shirts, it wasn't a Club Room shirt. It was Tommy Hilfiger. He guaranteed me that their sizes were the same. Turns out they didn't have that one in my size.

I did buy 3 Club Room shirts. He put his name on the receipt which has a web site where you can comment on the purchase experience. I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,Jeff! I"m glad to see you are out there consuming, and better yet, commenting on consuming! They need you! :)