Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Road Trip VA-SC-TN Day One

Started on my road trip this morning. I had planned to leave really early but instead waited to this morning to pack and get the house ready for Roxi to take care of Frankie and Uno.

I also had to do some work for work that I did not finish on Tuesday. I ended up leaving Minneapolis at 10:30am.  I set the navigator to avoid highways! It took over an hour to get out of the Twin Cities.... there were parts of St. Paul I never knew existed.

When I finally got to a place I recognized, I turned the navigator back to regular mode. This trip was going to take me weeks instead of days otherwise.

Starting mileage 16,534
 I crossed the Mississippi River 5 times? First leaving Minneapolis to St. Paul. Second St. Paul to South St. Paul. Third from Minnesota to Wisconsin at La Crosse. Fourth from Wisconsin into Iowa at Dubuque. Fifth from Iowa to Illinois.
The Mississippi River at Lake City, Minnesota.

Late lunch (senior dinner) at the Hungry Peddler in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

No comments: