Monday, May 26, 2014

Road Trip SC to TN

Heading home through Tennessee to visit with two nieces. Mom has decided to stay with Betty for a while so I am on the road solo again.


On the way out of Betty's neighborhood, a saw a truck stopped and the driver out pushing a turtle out of the road. I stopped to help as it seemed the woman didn't really know what to do. The turtle was not happy but decided to quickly cross the road on its own.

The drive through the South Carolina - North Carolina - Tennessee borders is amazingly beautiful.  Very mountainous and all forests, I can imagine this being extremely popular in the fall especially.


Tennessee Welcome Center designed to look like an old cabin.
I had decided to break up the drive to Dickson, TN in to two days. I spent the night in Dandridge which is on Douglas Lake. I ate at Alonso's On The Point over looking the lake. It was an incredibly beautiful evening.
Sunset over Douglas Lake.
There was prediction for a new and spectacular meteor shower. What a better place than out in the hills and country of eastern Tennessee. I drove out to a field north of the hotel but did not see any meteors. There were lots of firebugs which made it magical.

I decided to try another place nearer the lake.  Again no meteors but a beautiful night of stars.

I arrived in Dickson around 1pm on Saturday.

1 comment:

GeeCee said...

It's funny, but I was just talking to someone else about the drive through Tenn. and the Carolinas. She was heading south, and she could not get over how beautiful it was. She was there a few weeks ago, when the weather here was so awful. She said they crossed a definite line from northern winter climate into southern temperate spring. Almost made up for the desolation and roadkill in Indiana.