Saturday, May 24, 2014

Road Trip - Mt. Pleasant South Carolina

Wednesday and Thursday were spent exclusively in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. And for the first time on this trip I did not drive for these two days.

My sister Betty lives in Mt. Pleasant which is outside of Charleston. Wednesday was a quite day. I actually worked most of the day. Betty picked up her grand-children, my great nieces, Payton (10 - almost 11 according to her) and Ivy (8) from school.

The three of us went for a walk through the neighborhood. The trees are fantastic and there are ponds and a canal that goes out to the inter-coastal waterway. We walked all the way to the entrance of the neighborhood hoping to get a ride back from my nephew Robert, the girls uncle.

Payton and Ivy

Payton with an "a" who is almost 11.

Robert didn't make it by the time we were supposed to be back to the house for dinner. We kind of got in trouble. Just as we got back to the house, Robert drove around the corner... of course.

Thursday, my nephew Brett (Payton and Ivy's dad) and his wife Sadie met Mom, Betty and I at O'Brien's in the I'on neighborhood. I'on is a sort of recreation of old Charleston. It is very nice.

We were able to sit outside in the shade. There were lots of laughs and stories. It suddenly got very hot so we headed back to the house. 
Very refreshing Sam Adams Summer Ale at O'Brien's
I cleaned out Betty's garage before jumping in the pool to cool off. I scrubbed the sides of the pool which was really just an excuse to stay in the water.
After I cleaned the pool

No comments: