Saturday, May 17, 2014

Road trip Day #3

I finally made it to Virginia and to Mom's. The mileage came in at 1270. Friday I finished the eastern part of Ohio which is very mountainous (Alleghenies) then through a bit of West Virginia to Pennsylvania. Back into West Virginia the Maryland and finally Virginia.

Maryland had the nicest view from their Welcome Center. The drive was really very beautiful all the way. Up and down the mountains was fun to drive though the whole thing just took so long.

Friday night had dinner with good old friends. I have known Lance and Judy for over 30 years. They were separate parts of my lives back when I lived in DC. Judy was a co-worker at my first job out of college. Lance was a co-worker at Arena Stage... my first professional theatre work. Lance's partner, Tony, has been part of the group for 20+ years now.

We had dinner at Lance (Loom) and Tony's hang out in Capital Hill, Las Placitas. It was a crowded night with the Friday dress parade at the Naval Academy and a National's baseball game down the road. It was a beautiful evening and tons of laughs
Me, Judy, Tony, Gracie, Lance
Pennsylvania

West Virginia welcome center

Maryland welcome center. Fantastic view.


Start day 3 @ 17515


Arrival at Mom's (plus 2 miles) @ 17867

No comments: