Friday, November 27, 2009

A miracle

The miracle is that I found a cat grooming tool that actually makes Uno purr.

First off I've never heard Uno purr if there wasn't food or running water involved. She loves yogurt, peanut butter, cottage cheese and, yesterday, I discovered she likes cooked sweet potato. She also purrs for water coming out of the faucet.

I finally went to my dentist since I was home this week and there is a pet store below my dentist's office. I planned on just getting some special cat treats for Thanksgiving but saw this rubber grooming tool that looked like it would at least be soft on her skin.

I finally really gave it go this evening and Uno actually started to purr! To be honest the tool doesn't do a great job of removing the loose hair but does pick up some. Best of all though is that she doesn't squirm and complain...until I picked her up and started to groom her tummy. The good cheer ended with that but I think she'll be okay the next time.

The name of the tool is the KONG Zoom Groom and can be seen under Cats - Grooming at their website...kongcompany.

No comments: