Friday, November 20, 2009

Busy week...sort of

Was kind of a busy work week in Dallas. The project has entered a new phase where actual users are testing in one environment while the client's tech folks are trying to populate another environment for more testing.

This all means that my team is not working so much on fixes but mostly providing assistance to client teams. In some ways it ends up being a bit easier work load but at other times their crisis becomes ours!

My car from National Car Rental this week was filthy. I should have taken it back but didn't have time and only realized how really dirty it was as the week went on. There was a lot of dew one morning and on the windshield was actual writing! It kind of looked like the Amazing Race episode on Sunday where the the contestants had to figure out a secret message by holding up a piece of paper to a candle. I couldn't make out what was written though.

I told the rental return guy yesterday what I thought of the dirtiness. He apologized and took off the gas charges and a day of rent. That was nice and unexpected. It is really the first time I have had an issue with National.

Saw Port Twilight at The Undermain Theatre thanks to John Arnone, the Tony-award winning set designer. Port Twilight is a strange new play by Len Jenkins. Well acted and definitely a thought provoker.

At DFW you have to take a bus to the centralized car rental facility. When you return your car, you have to be sure to take the correct bus back. There are separate buses for each of the terminals -- A thru E.

I'm on the Terminal D bus headed back to the airport and notice that the driver takes the E exit. I was sitting up front and I asked him if he knew that he took the E exit. He said he had just come from there and so was kind of on auto-pilot...where have we heard that before recently?

I don't think anyone else on the bus realized what was going on. The bus driver adeptly just exited back on to the regular road and took the D terminal exit. He thanked me for pointing it out. That is the first time in 2 1/2 years that that has happened.

The flight home turned out to be totally uneventful...thank goodness. Though I had to switch from the 5:45pm flight to the 8:40pm flight because of a late meeting. It was a bit of a hassle to change flights as American has some strick timing rules.

No comments: