Saturday, February 14, 2009

shower curtain option

The way I had my shower curtain hung was driving me crazy.

My curtain rod is high because of the window. I don't really want an extra long curtain. The curtain rod is so close to the ceiling and hanging the curtain right off the rod makes the shower/tub feel too closed in and dark even though there is a light.

I was using multiple curtain rings to lower the top of the curtain so that it was low enough to keep water in the tub and also let natural light in over the top. But the multiple rings were catching on each other and getting the whole thing tangled up.

Here is the current option. At first I thought to get another curtain rod to suspend below the tension rod.

I headed over to Bed, Bath and Beyond. Next door is a World Market which is going out of business. I stopped in to check out the deals. This curtain rod looked like it would be a "fancier" rod to suspend than a regular curtain rod.

I didn't think about the finials not letting the curtain go to the ends. Luckily the curve of the tub keeps the shower water in where it is supposed to be.

Natural light still gets in over the top now and the curtain slides easily along the metal curtain rod.

No comments: