Friday, February 20, 2009

Eyewitness News

So I'm just working at my desk in the sun room and...BAM....car accident right in front of my house.

This big SUV was going the wrong way on my one-way street. Driver has slammed into a parked car across the street.

I grab my cell phone and call 911. I also head out front to see if driver is okay. There are already two people helping and another on a cell to 911 also. The 911 operator finishes with me very quickly. I figure she's already figured out there is another call on same incident.

Driver is talking and looks fairly okay. The airbag did not deploy even though she ended up demolishing the Taurus she plowed into. The Taurus was pushed into the small SUV parked behind it.

Meanwhile there are two other vehicles that she has hit on the way. One lost its front fender and the other has its rear bumper ripped off. And from some vehicle is an entire wheel in the middle of the road.

There are plenty of people helping so I head back in the house. Paramedics arrive. Police arrive. I think the driver ends up going with the cops. Flat bed comes and takes away big SUV. I didn't see the Taurus get taken away but it was.

The other wrecked vehicles are still here on the street. Not a pretty site for the owners.

No comments: