Saturday, February 21, 2009

Nissan Altima

I picked out a black Nissan Altima this week. I can say "picked out" because I rented from National again.

I actually thought it was the same vehicle that a co-worked had rented a few weeks earlier. Turned out he had a black Nissan Maxima. They look exactly alike - inside and out.

This Altima had keyless entry and start just like the Maxima did. You get this enormous fob. Actually you get two. And the key chain has note attached that if you lose the fob, it is $250.00 fine.

To unlock the car you have to have the fob and you just touch a small rubber piece on the door handle. Touch it twice and all the doors unlock. To start the car put your foot on the brake and push the start button. Took me a couple of seconds to figure it out but there is an idiot light/indicator/icon that shows this.

The Altima is very fun to drive. It has great pickup from standing still and getting on the highway or passing.

The steering wheel telescopes in addition to adjusting up and down. The gauges are easy to read. The trunk release button is not well indicated. The gauges were too bright for me so I was looking for the adjuster. What I thought might be it turned out to be the trunk release. The little trunk picture isn't visible until you push the button down.

I opened the trunk while I was waiting for the National attendant to finish my checkout. I couldn't get out of the car as I was pulled right up to the side of the kiosk. I had to stop on the street, get out, and shut the trunk.

I eventually did find a knob/stem to adjust the gauge intensity.

I liked the Altima. It is quiet on the highway but when you step on the gas, it is tuned to sound kind of like a Mustang...big, powerful engine noise.

No comments: