Friday, April 25, 2008

Let the adventure begin

The bon voyage crowd.My passport and Indian business visa did arrive this morning with a few hours to spare. I still hadn't packed and so spent about half hour packing and finishing up the cat care instructions.

I am taking the Super Shuttle service to the airport. Supposed to pick me up between 1:20 and 1:35. My flight to Chicago doesn't leave until 4:40. The Chicago to Delhi flight leaves at 7:10pm.

I found this article that a reporter for USAToday wrote about the exact same flight I'm taking.
USATODAY article

Once in Delhi I have another flight to Hyderabad. There is a nine hour layover but I'm figuring that will be mostly filled with going through customs and transferring from the international terminal to the domestic terminal.

I don't actuall arrive in Hyderabad until early Sunday morning....India time which would be late Saturday night time locally. India is 10 1/2 hours ahead of US Central time.

I hope to keep the blog up to date at least with text. I may not be able to upload pictures until I come back. We'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well, i'm glad you made it safe and sound! yes, "the kite runner" is a really good movie and an even better book:) bunny