Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Passed Lie Detector test

Had to take a lie detector test for the contest. I've never had one before though the tester seemed to think I should have.

We chatted briefly before he hooked me up. I thought he was just making small talk but he was actually getting info for the test. Very clever.

Two tube like things were wrapped around my chest. A blood pressure sleeve was put on my left arm. And two finger sweat detectors were put on my right hand.

The tester told me to close my eyes, relax and answer the questions with either "yes" or "no" and to not move at all.

He then asked a series of questions. His included questions on steroid use and other performance enhancement type drugs. I haven't used any of those. He also asked a bizarre question: had I ever lied to the police about a friend to get the friend in trouble. I answered "no."

He told me I passed the lie detector test. It was rather nerve racking though. Having that stuff strapped to me made me very self-conscious. Was I breathing weird? Why was the tester pausing so long? etc.

No comments: