Monday, July 21, 2008

Funny squirrel story

It is mostly funny because it didn't happen to me.

A little back story... my neighbor, Sunil, came over yesterday for an impromptu cookout in my backyard. He is having his chimney repaired and in the process discovered that another squirrel has gotten into his attic or eaves. He's had this problem several times and the squirrels get there by eating through the wood along the eaves.

He had been searching for his trap....like I said he's had this problem several times. He couldn't find it but is pretty sure where they are getting into his house.

The chimney repair man has left the ladder on the house for over a week. I was concerned during our big winds that it would come down but it hasn't.

This evening I was getting ready to go out to go to the gym. I was getting the cats off the back porch and what do I see but the squirrel climbing up the ladder to the roof. And Sunil is coming around the corner of his house and sees it too. I laughed and laughed. Sunil could not believe his eyes. It was so funny.

The squirrel makes it all the way up the ladder. And it isn't like he's climbing up the sides or some weird way. No. He's climbing up rung by rung. He gets to the top and lazily stretches out on the roof. I was half expecting him to pull out a beach towel and lotion. The squirrel was as relaxed as could be.

So funny...especially since it isn't my house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love this story! definitely rivals the "window well of death"