Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Different location

In Seattle, Washington this week! It is so beautiful here. Bright, sunny and warm.

Had a series of problems this morning and was beginning to think I wouldn't or shouldn't be flying.

First my dishwasher (dishdrawer as many of you know) did not complete its cycle correctly. There was still water in it and the drawer wouldn't open properly. Also, it wouldn't turn on. There was some water in below so it kind of indicated that the overflow had tripped and shut it down. That is a safety feature so it doesn't flood the house.

That wasn't it. My drain was completely clogged up with gunk so the water wasn't able to be pumped out and drained. The dishdrawer then somehow tripped the GFI outlet so it wasn't getting any power.

I cleaned out all the drain pipe pieces and reset the GFI outlet. And all was well. But this was my morning to get ready to fly out of town. Thank goodness I had gotten up early and the flight wasn't until 9am.

The next incident was on the way to the airport. For those of you in Twin Cities you know there is all this construction on 35W and so no shoulders in the case of an emergency. Well...

...as I'm getting ready to left exit from 35W to Highway 62, the "Service Soon" message displays on the dash and the wrench idiot light comes on. And worst of all, the darn thing slows to under 40 mph and won't go any faster. The engine won't rev and that's just that.

I turn on the flashers and start looking for some place to pull over. There are barricades everywhere and merging traffic and a long line of cars behind me. I finally get to a spot where I could pull over. My only hope was to shut the truck off and restart it and pray that it would "fix" itself.

It did.

I went on to the airport without any further problems. I'm hoping when I get back Friday night that I can make it home okay.

Guess I need to take the thing into the shop. Thank goodness for the Yahoo Ford Escape Hybrid (FEH) user group. Someone posted a similar issue and how they got their '07 fixed.

No comments: