Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Versailles - part 2 of 2

My idea for capturing the interior was to take a series of photos of the ceilings. When I was trying to leave, I got confused and ended up back on the tour. It was 5:30pm by this time and the rooms were so less crowded.  I put the camera on timer, placed it on the floor in the center of the room, clicked the shutter then stepped back. I think I might have an interesting series for cards.

I don't remember all the rooms but that isn't really the point. All the rooms in the Grand Apartments on the first floor had painted ceilings.






But my favorite part of the palace was the ground floor where they have recreated The Mesdames' Apartments, two daughters of Louis XV, Adelaide and Victoire. The audio stories accompanying the rooms was informative and playful.

1 comment:

GeeCee said...

I am so glad you made it, and that the weather was nice! I think my favorite part was the theater. But there's sooooo much to take in. It can be overwhelming. The ceiling pics are great!