Thursday, June 27, 2013

Supermoon and super story

A picture of this month's supermoon.

But the real super thing is what happened before this picture was taken on Monday night.

I was walking home from the bus stop and noticed a police SUV parked at the top of my street. I turned the corner to walk down the alley to my backyard like I always do and there was a police car parked/hiding behind my garage. And two policemen in front of the car also hiding behind the garage.

One cop had is gun out! I stopped and asked if I should walk down the alley. The non-gun cop waved me on like nothing was going on. I noticed a bunny rabbit in my neighbor's backyard and joked if that was the target.  The non-gun policeman said it was.

I went on by and into my house. I walked to the front of the house to go out on the porch to get my mail. There was another policeman standing up against my house at the porch window. He turned around to look at me opening my front door to get the mail. He didn't say anything. I noticed another policeman in the bushes next to the neighbor's house. He also had is gun out.

I really wanted to mow my lawn because the neighborhood garden tour was scheduled to come through later on. By the time I got changed and back in the yard, the police were all gone.

I got my lawn mowed. The garden tour group came through and left. Soon after two cars pulled into the neighbor's drive. I recognized one of the cars.  An older man that I recognized from the police time was in the other car...along with an older woman. I was now prepared to get more answers. The older woman was actually coming over to me.

She introduce herself as Mike's girl friend's mother. Mike lives in the upstairs of the duplex next door.  Mike as apparently missing and they were deeply concerned for him. Especially concerned that he might harm himself. She didn't think he would harm anyone else. I got the girl friend's phone number and said I would keep an eye out and keep Mike in my thoughts.

Now for the moon.  The moon was so bright it actually woke me up a bit after midnight. I decide it was worth a photo. I grabbed my camera and went out the back door.  I immediately sensed something as not right.  I heard some guys in the duplex backyard. One of them was very loud and was looking for Mike. He came over to me to ask if I'd seen Mike. I didn't think this guy was up to any good. I told him no.

I went to the front to take the picture. By the time I got back around to the backyard the boys were gone. I was contemplating calling the police but figured since there was no one around anymore it wouldn't really do any good.  But I did decide I would call the girl friend. May be she knew who these guys were.

She did recognize the one guy's name and said she did not like him. But the good news was that Mike had been found and was in the VA hospital. I was relieved for her and especially for Mike. He was being taken care of.  Hopefully he gets better.

No comments: