Thursday, June 6, 2013

Last day in Paris - part 1 of 2

Even after a full day of Versailles on Tuesday I bucked it up and did more sightseeing. I realized I had not been to Notre Dame nor the Louvre.  This part covers Notre Dame for the most part.

These pictures are in reverse order. The bridges are some of the ones I passed walking from Notre Dame to the Louvre museum.  With the Seine River s-curving through Paris, there are lots of bridges of all different kinds.



 Notre Dame's outdoor architecture is much more fascinating that the interior in my opinion. The church is celebrating 850 year anniversary this year with renovations including new bells. There is also a large pavilion in front where you can sit and people watch.
Representing Old Chicago at Notre Dame!

An angel that looks over your back when you are in the back of Notre Dame looking down to the nave.

No comments: