Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Kay at the grassy knoll

My friend, Kay, is in Dallas for a convention.  I picked her up at her hotel and we went on a little sightseeing tour.  Of course, the first place we stopped was the sight of the JFK assassination.

That's us with the former Dallas School Book Repository building in the background.  The square window at the top of the picture is where Lee Harvey Oswald "allegedly" shot John F. Kennedy.

There were several tourists, including us, walking around the area with the many conspiracy theorist tour guides.

From here we drove through downtown, through the arts district, through uptown to Cosmic Cafe for dinner.  Cosmic Cafe is a vegetarian spot decorated in a sort of Indian theme.  I've been wanting to go for a long time but wanted a veggie expert.  Kay happens to be a vegetarian so it was perfect.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I look like I have been inside a hotel for a week! Thanks for getting me out into the daylight! Loved the Cosmic Cafe! -Kay