Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bachman Lake

In Dallas and staying at a different hotel this week. It is right across from Love Field (airport). Close by is Bachman Lake so I decided to go for a jog. Yes, I actually am jogging.

Saw several different kinds of ducks. Some pretty big ones that kind of looked like turkeys. There were all white ones and a few mallards, too.

The lake water doesn't look very pleasant. There are open drains from the parking lots and streets that go directly into the lake.

It was very very hot so I took my shirt off. People I would approach were kind of staring. I vainly thought that were impressed by my slim athletic physique. It wasn't until I got back to the hotel and saw my reflection in the glass door that I think I know why they were staring. I am as pale as a sheet of paper! I looked like a bald ghost or something.

No comments: