Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Friends in Virginia and DC

On Tuesday Mom and I met up with my friends Judy and Lance.  Judy and I worked together at my very first job out of college in 1981.  Lance and I worked together at Arena Stage in Washington, DC back in the 1980's.

Lance gave us a detailed tour of the new Arena complex.  It is truly something to behold and pictures I have cannot convey the size and grandeur.

I got kind of nostalgic walking through the few parts that are still there from what I remember as the original structures.
Lance's partner, Tony, met us a the theatre and we went up to Capitol Hill for dinner at one of their favorite places, Las Placitas.

We all got caught up.  It had been two years since we had met as a group.  This gathering of people from my past has been a Christmas-time tradition.
From the restaurant to Lance's condo to show Judy his truly amazing Christmas decorations.  Lance decorates his place in an unbelievable amount of Christmas.

There are more Dicken's villages than ever, garlands of lights and ornaments, Santas, Christmas Mickey Mouses, an enormous creche, and this incredibly beautiful tree.
We agreed we would only go up to Lance's highrise condo if there was easy parking.  There was this spot that was about six inches longer than the rental.

Not to brag (but I am)...I made it in on the first try.

No comments: