Monday, December 5, 2011

A Coffee First

I got my regular Carabou coffee at the airport and walked to my gate.  The gate was very close which was unusual.

I chatted with another gentleman that is on the same project and travels to Charlotte every week, too. The gate attendant made some announcement about an equipment change and it might take longer to board.  Meanwhile, I've been holding my coffee in my right hand with my boarding pass.

Somehow I've got myself stuck with the coffee and the boarding pass and can't switch hands.  The coffee seems to be getting hotter and hotter.  By the time I get on the plane and to my seat, the coffee cup is burning my hand.  Burning my hand so much I end up with a 3rd degree blister on my thumb which has already busted and I'm bleeding!

I cannot recall ever getting myself in such a predicament.

No comments: