Sunday, February 6, 2011

Winter Like and Dislike

Like...
Another year and another City of Lakes Loppet and another Luminary Loppet on Lake of the Isles.

Such a beautiful event and such a great way to celebrate the winter...walking on a frozen lake with thousands of others...all being lit by candles in ice.
And beautiful snow sculptures.  If it is going to be cold and snowy, make the most of it....Minneapolis and St. Paul do just that.

It was also the closing weekend for the St. Paul Winter Carnival.

Dislike...
 The biggest ice damn in 3112 Emerson Ave history.  After so many big snows and only one little thaw, I have an enormous ice damn over the downstairs bathroom.

I've already had leaking into the bathroom.
 Here's how tall the snow is...I'd say that's a good foot and half deep.
And here's about as much as I could get.  This is from Saturday.  Today I discovered more leaking into the bathroom and got more snow and ice off.

I can't reach anymore from the ladder and I'm not about to step onto the roof itself.

Next weekend I'm going to have to open the ceiling in the bathroom and see what damage there is.  May be there'll be a way to add insulation.

No comments: