Sunday, January 3, 2010

Winter Home Improvement Project (dining room)

Thought I needed something to keep me busy and pull me out of my winter funk. Decided it was time to paint the interior....way over due. I haven't painted since probably 1992.


Starting with the dining room because it seemed it would be the easiest. There is long crack in the middle of the wall shared with the kitchen...thanks to my brother, Spade, for whamming on the kitchen side when we worked on my kitchen in 2001.  There are a few spots where the paint has cracked and needs to be scraped to a solid spot and then spackled. There are also a few small spots where the plaster has deteriorated and needs deeper patching with plaster.


That done and spots primed and/or first coat of new color.

The new color is from Sherwin-Williams historic collection. It is called Classic Gold. It has a warm butter look or even old-style harvest gold. It looks fantastic with the dark wood trim.

The original color was a rose tint that had dramatically faded. The first picture doesn't look like the color at all.

I haven't decided if I'll put the same pictures up or something different.

No comments: