Thursday, January 28, 2010

Getting spoiled

My travel this week was very last minute.  I found out around 3pm on Sunday that I needed to be in Dallas on Monday.  The corporate travel application got me on my usual Monday morning flight but booked the late flight tonight -- 8:40pm.

I figured I'd try to go stand-by on the 5:45pm flight.  Weather in Dallas was very bad for flying.  Thunder and lightening storms moved in right before the 5:45pm flight.

Being at the top level of American Airlines frequent flyer program is what is making me spoiled.  Because I am Executive Platinum I went to the top of the stand-by list.  The flight was late because of the weather but I made it on and in first class!  I've been upgraded to first class on every flight this year.

We were less than an hour leaving Dallas.  Huge thanks and congrats to the ground crews for the fast turn around.

No comments: