Sunday, July 12, 2009

Amazing degrees

It was hot, of course, in Dallas last week. One trick with driving is to open the door, stick the key in the ignition without actually getting in, and starting the car so the air conditioner gets going.

So before going to the airport on Thursday I followed the above procedures. My rental Chevy Cobalt had a temperature display. I noticed there was a 2 at the end from where I was standing outside the car. I though 102 degrees wasn't too bad.

When I got in the car, this is what I saw.

Not 102 but 112!

I figured that was the temperature because the car had been baking in the sun all day. It did cool off enough to head to the airport. The temperature display did not change. I got most of the way to the airport before it finally went down to....



And by the time I got to the rental car return, the temperature was a cool 106 degrees!

No comments: