Thursday, July 19, 2007

This week's car - the Nissan Altima

Got a "foreign" car this week. It has fairly standard equipment so not too luxurious but very comfortable to drive.

The brakes are very very sensitive though. I was lurching out the Hertz parking ramp trying to get used to them. I don't know if the pedal is further out than I'm used to or what. I finally got used to it by the end of the week.

The radio was tricky to figure out. I think I had that comment about the Cadillac. Manufacturer's seem to try to make these fancy controls and it just ends up being complicated of busy. The Altima also had the keyless start like the Caddie. I just don't get the advantage of that. You still have to carry the fob to unlock and lock the doors. And it is so easy to just get out of the vehicle without turning it off.

The Altima does drive nice and has nice power though so I would recommend it.

No comments: