Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Soneone's lost luggage?

When we landed at Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), I think we must have actually landed on the Fort Worth side. We taxied forever to get to our gate passing by several other terminals along the way.

As we're finally getting close to the gate, I see a piece of luggage out on the tarmac. It is along the "road" marked for vehicles. I figure it has fallen off one of those luggage wagons. I'm watching and we pass within a few yards of it. The guy guiding the plane in is fairly close to it. He doesn't touch it.

A few luggage wagon drivers sail right by it. A pickup truck or two zoom on by it. One luggage wagon cart driver actually stops and reads the tag. Then he goes on and leaves it there.

I'm thinking about the poor passenger who is either going to be missing their luggage at their destination or they're standing at the baggage carousel wondering where their personal belongings are. Then I get to thinking isn't it kind of security issue to have this piece of luggage sitting out on the airport tarmac? What's the thing they announce about leaving your luggage unattended?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is so scary that so many employees just had a blind eye to that poor piece of luggage. I sure hope it was finally picked up & put on the correct flight...happy travels Jeff...