Saturday, July 14, 2007

Garage Sale

I had a very successful garage sale today. First off, having a garage sale and traveling in the same week was kind of stressful. I got home Thursday evening and planned on taking Friday off so I could get ready. I wasn't able to take the whole day and I was easily distracted from the main task.

Thank goodness Andrea and Jason were able to come over and help take stuff out to the garage. We got all the boxes from the basement and the table and chairs from the dining room and the bedroom set from upstairs.

Meanwhile I had advertised by storm windows on Friday and got a call right away. That guy wanted to come over and check them out. And Troy was going to come over and get stuff he had his eyes own.

I actually sold over $300.00 of stuff Friday!

I started making signs late Friday night and but together a price sheet instead of marking each item. That was one of the better ideas.

Got up early today to put out the signs and continue taking stuff to the garage. Picked up Christine who was my life saver. When we got back to the house the people started coming already - a half hour early. While I was still bringing stuff and setting up, Christine handled the buyers.

It was a busy day. So many friends showed up and made the day pass by amusingly. Many thanks to Amy for purchasing the table and chairs. Also, thanks to Roxy and Rose for helping pack up at the end. And simply could not have done it at all without Christine.

So you're probably wondering how much I made? The answer is $591.00!! Awesome!!

No comments: