Saturday, March 10, 2007

Victoria and Albert Museum

It was rainy last Sunday but figured can't let that stop me from my touristo ways so I heady out to the Victoria and Albert museum. Nick and Helene had walked it when they were down so I guessed I could do the same. Holy-moly! That was a bloody long walk! And I didn't get lost or meander off course.

By the time a made it I was pretty tired. I made my normal Sunday call to Mom to rest and catch my breath.

Anyway, the V&A, as it is called, is a good-sized museum of British culture. The popular exhibit there now is on Kyle Minogue. She is a pop star ala Madonna. It has an exhibition entrance fee and was sold out for the day. I really wasn't interested in seeing it anyway.

It is another great museum. They've taken entire rooms out of homes to preserve the interiors before the buildings were torn down. It is quite dark in most of the display rooms so they have small torches (flashlights) you can use. So much to see so I'll have to go back (when I take the tube or bus) and spend more time.

Here I am with the beautiful glass chandalier from the entrance rotunda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i really like this goofy picture, jeff:) you like like you have neon confetti hanging over your head.