Sunday, March 25, 2007

The Lady from Dubuque

Finally saw another West End show. The Lady from Dubuque an Edward Albee play starring Maggie Smith with everyone else being American. Peter Francis James plays Oscar oposite Dame Smith's Lady from Dubuque.

And guess what, Chris and Jill, I got a concession. I got a better than half price ticket for being an Equity member. It also helped that I had a very nice box office person.

A rather difficult play but it was worth seeing Maggie Smith (with an American accent) and PFJ. And theatre was beautiful with wonderful acoustics.

I walked around to the stage door before the show to leave a note for PFJ and there was another one of those blue plaques. The theatre, Theatre Royal Haymarket, was the location of the first performances of two Oscar Wilde plays - The Woman of No Importance and another one I can't remember.

No comments: