Saturday, March 24, 2007

The big adventure out of London - part 7 - final

I thought I was going to end this with the last entry but don't want to make each one too long.

After Saint John's College we were hungry. On our way to find food, we stopped in the Round Church. It is a lovely, very little church and it is round and very old.

The first restaurant we went to was full. It was Mothering Day in Great Britain. We ended up in a pub and I had the best hamburger I've had since getting here.

The real place of interest we were heading to on this trip was Kettle's Yard. I'm not usually one for modern art but this home and gallery were great.

The home belonged to Jim Ede, a former curator at the Tate Britain. He lived here and furnished his home with art and artifacts from the many artists of his time and they often visited him there. Since, there has been a gallery addition where there are works from many well-known artists.

Also on the property is a tiny little chapel that still has the original Norman architecture. This is a rare find. It is so tiny that it is now a children's chapel.

We were pooped out after the day but it was great. It started to snow shower when we were walking back to the car. They dropped me off at the train station. I made it back to London before they made it back to Harlaxton. They also got hailed on.

No comments: