Sunday, March 11, 2007

All Bar One

All Bar One, the pub next to the flat, is closing today! I was walking by last night and the waitress that was so nice about getting ice for Jill and chips with mayo for Chris let me know. She has been the only person in the neighborhood that recognises me and says 'Hello.'

There were little signs on the door but I hadn't noticed. I ended up getting locked out of the my apartment building and while waiting for the locksmith, had dinner, a couple of beers and a glass of wine.

Someone had closed the door at the bottom of the steps and tossed the sticks in the utility cabinet. I don't have a key to that door. Met the mother of the tenant in the top flat and they don't have a key either. I called my leasing agent and she contacted a locksmith.

It all worked out but a little scary there for a bit as to whether I would get in or not.

I'm going to stop by thet pub his evening to wish everyone well. They had also been nice enought to hold the keys to the flat for Helene and Nick when Ping Pong wouldn't do it.

No comments: