Thursday, February 22, 2007

Sunday with Chris and Jill

This time went to play with Chris. We went to matinee of Rock and Roll a Tom Stoppard play. The understudy for the lead was on. I later find out because the lead was receiving an Olivier award. That is the equivalent to a Tony in the US.

A very difficult play to follow. And it was not well acted. The understudy did a fine job. The other actors were just not very good except for the actress playing the daughter. Tricky to describe the plot. I did not understand the beginning of the first act and that made it almost impossible to appreciate the emotion in the second act.

We kind of ran into the Chinese New Year celebration in Trafalgar Square. I keep returning there. It is kind of the hub for public gatherings.

I have more visitors this weekend. Helene and Nick who I met at Gracie Kay and Nate's wedding party are spending six months in England. They are coming down to spend the weekend with me.

No comments: