Sunday, February 25, 2007

Helene and Nick visit

Helene and Nick who are from Wisconsin came for a visit from Grantham, England. Nick is over here for a six month teaching assignment and Helene came with.

I'll give a quick review of our weekend as I'm running out of time and I think this coffee shop is closing soon.

They took the train down on Friday. I left keys with "All Bar One" the bar next to my flat. The dim sum restaurant wouldn't do it.

They went to the Victoria and Albert Museum while I was at work. They walked an awful lot to get there and back.

Saturday I took them to The Wallace Collection while I went to bank and phone and grocery. I met them there and we went to Selfridges to look around.

We caught an Oxford Street bus to Holborn. We were heading to the Sir Joan Soane's Museum. We had some trouble finding it and wandered around but nothing wrong with that as you just see more.

The museum is amazing. More about that later. After the museum we stopped in a pub (Helene and I like our beers). We were pretty pooped but walked over to Trafalgar Square. It has turned into my "place." There had been a big peace rally earlier but thankfully had cleared out.

We took the Underground back to flat and had dinner across the street at Greek restaurant.

This morning (Sunday) we went to a French pastry restaurant and had wonderful breakfast. I took them to my farmers' market and I bought groceries for the week. They then headed to the Underground to go to rail station and head back to Grantham.

It was great to spend another weekend with friendly folk.

No comments: