Friday, February 9, 2007

Snowed again

It snowed again in most of the area. Since the last time was such a mess with transportation I stayed in the city. I still don't have internet access at the flat so went to a coffee shop in the morning.


The snow was quite pretty and there was a lot for London. By afternoon most of it had melted though.

I went to the IBM South Bank (south bank of the Thames River) office in the afternoon for a team conference call. I had wanted to go downtown in the evening anyway because there is supposed to be a light show going on with the buildings and bridges.

I walked along the south bank toward Tower Bridge. Not much in the way of extraordinary lights from what I could tell. I crossed the Thames via London Bridge - yes, there is still a London Bridge even though the original one is the the United States I think -- this one was build in the 70's.

On the city side of London Bridge is The Monument. Built to recognize the big fire that burned down huge junks of London in the 1600's. The Monument underground station was closed because of flooding so walked to the Bank station and headed home.

No comments: