Saturday, August 19, 2017

Third door project

This one I'm a bit embarrassed by. The door from the kitchen to the basement was stripped in 2001 during the kitchen renovation. I never stained and polyurethaned it! Well now it is. The photo is after on the left and before on the right.
This was a comparatively quick project. The door was so dried out though that I had to do some repair to the veneer. I didn't want the door all that dark so I thought one coat of the stain I used on the front would do. It is actually darker with just one coat but it is fine and matches the other doors in the house.

The basement side of the door was never completely stripped. I liked the "shabby-sheek" effect actually so just sealed this side with a coat of polyurethane.








Finished and hung.

Basement side with spice racks on. 


No comments: