Monday, June 20, 2016

Grandma's Half Marathon weekend

This past weekend was the 40th running of the Grandma's Marathon and 22nd running of the Gary Bjourglund Half Marathon. The Running for Brunch crew ran or cheered on the runners.

We drove up Friday evening. Construction on I-35 made the drive very tedious. We stayed in different places but all met up after the early morning run.

The run wasn't the gradual down hill that I thought it would be and I hadn't done a regimented training program, however, I completed the run under my goal (see screen shot below).

After the race we went to The Tavern on Duluth for our traditional bloody marys. Delicious!

Saturday afternoon we hung out at Trish and Jason's new home outside of Duluth. It was hot so their swimming pool was a great relief and relaxer after running 13.1 miles.

Marlin and I stayed up at Trish and Jason's an extra day and drove home Sunday.
I was very happy with my finish time. And age place.
Dramatic sunset night before race.
Jason and I before the run. A very early start at 6:15am.
The running crew at the finish!




No comments: