Monday, June 6, 2016

Another fun (running) weekend

Another weekend full of running and walking and spending time with friends.

Friday night friends and I got to see the 1939 film 'The Women' on the big screen. It is a hilarious all female movie starring Norma Shearer, Rosalind Russell and Joan Crawford. A real classic. The Uptown Theater from which my neighborhood is named is celebrating a 100th anniversary. The celebration has them showing ten different classic films.

Saturday morning I ran to morning coffee in St. Louis Park. I had run Thursday evening so was a bit worn out. It was humid Saturday morning so by the time I arrived at coffee I was beet red.

Saturday evening I met my friend Bud for dinner. He was in town from Florida. We had a really good meal at Tinto's on Lake Street. I showed him the Juiced Nutrition location.

Sunday morning I ran hill sprints with the Academy MN crew. There was a big turn out. Sunday afternoon Martha and Jenny came over and we went to the Lyndale Ave Open Streets event. Twenty blocks of Lyndale Ave were closed to traffic to allow pedestrians and bikes to stroll the street. Ran into my neighbor Kelly who joined us. Also ran into other friends along the way.

Sunday evening I ran with Tracy. We are training for Grandma's Half Marathon on Duluth in two weeks.

No comments: