Friday, May 27, 2016

Juiced Nutrition projects

Making benches out of wooden pallets. Thanks to JT for finding two good pallets. I found photos of different examples on Pinterest. None provided instructions. I based mine on a series of photos that used two pallets.

I sawed the pallets on half slat-wise. Stack three halves to form the seat. Used the 'best' half for the seat. I'm still trying to decide about the back. I think I prefer a lower back (the fourth half). It allows more attachment points.

I think I will lightly sand the seat and back so your clothes or skin don't get scratched.

My old wooden-handled hammer lost the battle with the pallet. These things are really put together. You can see the broken handle in the bottom image.


I'm also working on two chalkboard menu signs. I'm using chalkboard paint for the first time. I plan to use pallet slats form the border.

No comments: