Monday, September 28, 2015

Apple Fest

Beautiful weather and beautiful friends and neighbors.

It really was a perfect day to be outside. The apples are about two weeks behind this year. I believe there are as many apples as last year but the majority are smaller. And this year the squirrels have gone to town picking and nibbling on many apples. I have been finding them all over and apparently so have my neighbors.

I spent most of Saturday baking and prepping food. It was fun working my assembly line of pie, cake, salsa, lil' smokies, slaw, etc.

There were new attendees as well as tried and true friends. Bunny brought 'a game' that the neighbor boys helped create rules for. Kay encouraged another round of apple bobbing with thanks to Amy for the tub. Dave brought the cutest apple 'dentures' and they were very tasty.

The Vikings' game was at the same time as the party so I set up my tv in the garage. It worked great.

Many neighbors dropped by. I got to meet the new guys from next door and to know more about neighbors I haven't had the opportunity to.

Kay's successful bob.

Me kind of cheating.

Dave's apple dentures.

Dave with his apple dentures.
Michelle, Jon, Amy and Molly watching Vikings' game.
Apple pie - secret is that this was made from last year's frozen apples with a few fresh ones added.
Lil' Smokies wrapped in bacon with brown sugar and apple slices. This was the favorite dish.
Kelly's Best Apple Cake recipe cake. This is also a crowd favorite.
My apple slaw. I like how refreshing this is.



No comments: