Monday, December 9, 2013

Extra day in Cozumel

First of all... I just got back from dinner and the staff greeted us joking about taking our photo. Turns out I left my camera on the beach and one of the staff found it. They figured out it was mine and made sure that it was returned to me. It wasn't only the honesty but the fun the staff had getting it back to me that makes coming to Coral Princess and Cozumel what I so look forward to.

The day was already a special day because we were supposed to fly back home today but because of an ice storm in Dallas all flights were canceled and we ended up staying an extra day.  In addition I saw a giant black sting ray directly off the hotel reef. Not only did I see it, I swam with it.

I was so amazed to see this magnificent animal, the pictures are rather goofy.



And the evening's sunset...

We went downtown for dinner. The Christmas tree at the pier has been being assembled all week and tonight was the official lighting.  But better than the lighting (the tree is actually kind of ugly) was the children's choir that sang "Silent Night". It kind of brought tears to Dave and my eyes.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Things happen for a reason. You we're suppose to have that day! Safe travels.