Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oregon - day 1

Made it to Ashland yesterday after a very long day of flying.

Flight out of Minneapolis was delayed for a short time but nothing major.  Flight from Dallas to Portland was delayed for hours.  First a mechanical problem with the captain's chair.  Then once we were on a mechanical problem with the in-flight communication system.

Ended up having to take the plane out of service and getting another one.  Needless to say I missed my connection in Portland to take me to Medford.  The next available flight was at 7:55pm local time.  I ended up with about 2 hours to kill in Portland airport.  Ate way too much garbage food but the local beer was good.

Made it to Medford about 9pm and got my rental car.  I had it charged to the wrong credit card and neither the desk agent nor the 1-800 agent located in India could fix it.  I'm going to try on Monday.

Beautiful day here in Ashland today.  Spring has sprung with daffodils and hyacith blooming.

Going to see Jill's show this afternoon and dinner with her parents who are celebrating their 57th wedding anniversary tomorrow.

No comments: